Saturday, June 11, 2005

tworedshoes called me out. she also calls me a number of other names, depending on the situation. . .and she'd probably like to club me with a large book.

Number of books I own:
too many. embarrassed. shameful face.

Last purchased book:
I can't remember the last time I purchased one for myself. The library rocks.

Last re-read:
The Hungering Dark, Frederick Buechner

Five books for a deserted island:
Bible, A River Runs Through It, Walden, The Brothers Karamazov, Aristotle's Nichomachean Ethics

Book I'd use to thwack someone on the head:
My vintage 1941 2nd Edition Webster's Dictionary. To see the dust fly after that 40lb thing nails your head would give me great pleasure.

Book I'd like to burn:
Anathema. The Nazi's burn books. Bring em all on.

Book that is overrated:
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Get over yourselves.

Fun classics (you had to ask!):
"Fun"??

Last book read:
Amusing Ourselves to Death

Five people I tag to answer these and take a photo of their bookcase:
Let it die with me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Only with one large enough to make you forget to be mean (like ending the fun game of tag).