Wednesday, June 22, 2005

SPIN'S TOP 10 OF THE LAST 20 YEARS
1. "OK Computer," Radiohead
2. "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back," Public Enemy
3. "Nevermind," Nirvana
4. "Slanted and Enchanted," Pavement
5. "The Queen Is Dead," Smiths
6. "Surfer Rosa," Pixies
7. "3 Feet High and Rising," De La Soul
8. "Sign 'O' the Times," Prince
9. "Rid of Me," PJ Harvey
10. "Straight Outta Compton," N.W.A


It's definitely a debatable list with some curious omissions. e.g. Where is the Joshua Tree? Where is London Calling? But you have to love the inclusion of Pavement, Prince and PJ Harvey. What's your take?

6 comments:

Hechung said...

I love that they included "Straight Outta Compton," N.W.A! ;)

Chris, what's your top 10? I'm curious to see that...

Askani said...

Okay, so this has nothing to do with your post (other than I love teh Pixies); thanks for nice comment, you guys have been a great read! Blakes photography is excellent, and you both have some interesting ideas. :) Take care.

Christopher said...

Okay Chungers, here is my pitch for the top 10 of the last 20. . ..I don't have time to order them though:

Emmylou Harris, Wrecking Ball
Prince, Sign O The Times
Nirvana, Nevermind
Peter Gabriel, Passion
Pearl Jam, Ten
Sting, The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Radiohead, The Bends and OK Computer
Rufus Wainwright, Poses
U2, Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree

Is that 11?? Oh well. You know, I realized as I was making this that it was supposed to be from the last "20 years" which explains the omission of London Calling and Purple Rain.

e. rene said...

thanks for emmy lou.

have you gotten to enjoy patti griffin?

the inclusion of sting, i would say yes, maybe 'mecury falling.'

i'm too young to know much else ;)

Christopher said...

Erica, you're welcome for the Emmylou. Thanks for your posts. I must say, I forgot to Include Jeff Buckley's album "Grace". I think I'd bump Sting for that one.

e. rene said...

yes. of course. jeff buckley. duh.

what about snoop dog & dr. dre-the chronic, anyone, anyone?