Tuesday, November 02, 2004

In honor of today's elections, here's a little something I wrote when I was 9 years old. (All punctuation and spelling reprinted as it was originally written. This little gem garnered a grade of C.)

MY SPEECH FOR PRESIDENT
Fellow citezens of "United States" I Chris Stratton Promis that Kids do not have to go to school. And then they will be able to learn every thing with a speacile divice called a school programmer. Then I will give you a Motor-Cycle for each family and then I'm going to put any ome to "DEATH" who comits a sireous crime. I will sentence anyone who Kills Animals to Five years in prision without a reason. That is what this Country needs a Man like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only a "C"...it's better than some ninth graders. I'd give it at least a "B-". Anyway, I was just surfing the net (lots of time on my hands lately...I'm 8 months pregnant and on bed rest for complications) and wondered what you had to say about the recent elections. I knew you would have something to say. I appreciate your insights (Oct. 12, I think), especially the quote from the Sojourner, as my husband and I also voted for Kerry and struggle with the widely accepted notion that God is a Republican. Hope that all is well with you. Take care...Sarah(Knief)

Sarah said...

Id vot for you . . . but only if you let go of the motorcikel thing.

Christopher said...

Sarah, what's your new last name? Congrats on your marriage and your pending child. Drop me an email when you have a chance and we'll chat. My girlfriend and I walked by your place next to the Ugly Mug the other night and I thought about you. Cheers.