Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention . ..Sarah took us to the coolest pub in America!!! McSorely's opened in 1854, and it still has its original bar intact. I think some of the wait staff is original too, but don't let them know I said that! When you walk in they ask you in a thick brogue, "would you like light or dark?" When they come back they bring each person at the table two half-pints of beer that's so good it will make you an alcoholic. Then they serve you great Irish meals like Corned Beef Hash (which is what I got) and shepherd's pie. The atmosphere is really old world. We had a great time talking and drinking way too many beers. The icing on the cake was the men's bathroom that had clear glass in its door so everyone could see what you were doing as you went about your business. For example, while relieving myself I was able to look over my shoulder and wave to Sarah and Dirk while they were at table. Too much. Good times, good times.

2 comments:

Johnny T said...

Where was this place?

Christopher said...

The East Village. I think 7th street. You gotta go if you're in NYC. Great stuff. Made me long for Ireland....actually made me long for any culture whatsoever.