Sunday, November 10, 2002

I've just heard about a wonderful organization. It's called "Food Finders", and it's a conduit between the restaurant/grocery business and impoverished/hungry people. What they do is solicit vendors for food that would otherwise be thrown away (perfectly good food) and then they collect it and distribute it to the needy.

If you're like me, you're probably thinking, "how much food could needlessly be thrown away in a given month?" Well, to my surprise, Food Finders alone distributes about 350,000 pounds of food per month, which equated to about 27,000 meals per day in 2001.

On the 22nd and 23rd of this month, I will participate with this organization in a food drive to collect canned goods and turkeys. I'm very excited about this opportunity and I would love to see some of my friends out there as well. If you'd like more information, please email me for dates and times. We will be in the city of Los Alamitos.

"Freely you have received. Freely Give."

Chris
cstratton1@socal.rr.com

No comments: