Wednesday, July 03, 2002

My Grandpa sent me a newspaper clipping today regarding my Great Aunt Jeanne's death. Jeanne was the head of the Glendale School board, as well as a devoted mother, widow and grandmother. For the last 30 or so years, she hosted the Bentley family Christmas party at her house in La Canada . . .(we're talking over 100 Bentley's in one little house). She also had cancer. But her constant joy and love never waivered. She never left her job or forgot about her family. She was an inspiration to us all.

In the newspaper clipping my grandpa sent, one of Jeanne's long time associates, Pam Ellis, said something pretty amazing. She said, "I will always remember and ask myself, 'what would Jeanne do?' because she will be the rod against which I will always measure my decisions."

You can't do much better than that.

Well done Jeanne. We will miss you.

Times Article

No comments: